Saturday, September 16, 2006


I bought, sometime ago, a carton of Arches Travel Watercolor Albums (6"x10"- #140 Cold Pressed) and never used them until recently finding them buried in a art storage bin in the garage, still sealed in plastic. So I told myself I couldn't buy any more sketchbooks( an addiction of mine) until I used up these, and here are some results. I still have got three more to fill up but its a start.
I use W&N Artist WCs and two Pentel Aquabrushes for all of these sketches [I call them sketches because if I tell myself its a painting I start to fiddle with it more and then it looks overworked, which I think some of these do anyways]. These all took about 1.5 hrs to complete on the average, with 10-20 minutes of drawing time included.
Enjoy.

3 Comments:

At 6:17 PM, Blogger Zoe, ontheroad said...

Nice work; enjoyed seeing it.

 
At 9:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really like your watercolors! I'm hoping to get into on-the-go watercoloring. Just gotta get myself some sketchbooks and a travel wc set.

 
At 6:00 AM, Blogger Jeanette Jobson said...

These are exquisite watercolours. I love the depth and feel of them. And I can identify with the 'I won't buy any more til these are used up' syndrome. :o)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home